Saturday, December 13, 2014

Welcome to Keck Thoughts!

Like the title of this first post says, Welcome to Keck Thoughts! If you're not familiar with me (like, you're not a family member, friend, co-worker, acquaintance of some kind) my name is Andrew Keck. I'm just a normal guy - late-20's, average height, weight and looks; love my wife, food, movies and sports. Speaking of my wife and movies, she and I run a little movie review blog called Two Tickets For where we do joint reviews of movies and sometimes write original material about films and Hollywood news, etc. It's a little side thing we both enjoy doing when we have the time to do it.

And that, essentially, is what this new blog is going to be. The difference is that it's going to be only me, and it's going to be focused primarily on sports. Here on Keck Thoughts I will occasionally write about things going on in the world of sports.


What makes me qualified to do such a thing, even if it is only on a blog that not many people will read? Good question. By definition you could say I'm an amateur sports writer, but I have been in love with sports since I can remember, and I've enjoyed discussing sports for just as long. I have plenty of experience writing and talking about sports, from writing in high school to being a sports anchor/play-by-play announcer/talk show host while I matriculated through Central Michigan University to get my broadcasting and journalism degree. I worked for a minor league baseball team for a summer, I worked at ESPN in Connecticut for nearly three years, and I'm closing in on my one-year mark working for Turner Sports/NBA TV in Atlanta. I'm not trying to brag, just wanna let you know I'm not just some slack-jawed yokel who's going to ramble about the local sports teams. I do have some experience when it comes to this stuff.


This would also be a prudent time to let you know that the majority of the topics covered on this here blog will involved Michigan-based sports teams. The Detroit Tigers, Detroit Lions and University of Michigan football and basketball teams will probably most prominent, but I'll occasionally dabble in the Pistons, Red Wings and Spartans. National topics might be touched on, and since I live in the greater Atlanta area, maybe I'll randomly post something about Atlanta teams and topics.


I'm really only going to write on this blog when the mood strikes me and as time allows, so it may not be very often necessarily. My day job and other responsibilities (like we have a new kitten) have kept my wife and I from being able to blog about movies as much as we'd like to, so just warning ya not to expect new content every day. If I could eventually turn this blog into some monetary assets and therefore be able to do it every day, that's the dream. Fingers crossed, but let's not expect that. If I can get any of my friends to join in with the occasional post, even better, because some of my friends are much more qualified to discuss certain topics (like Michigan State sports and the Red Wings) than I am.


But for now, welcome. I hope anyone who reads my stuff here will enjoy it, and I'm more than welcoming of responses so we can create a dialogue and create a real discussion on some stuff. That's what I love to do after all. Later today I'll be writing up an article about the Detroit Tigers; some thoughts about how the Tigers may have looked these past few seasons had Victor Martinez not torn his ACL in the 2011-2012 offseason. Should be fun.


Oh, and if you'd like, you can follow me on Twitter at @andrewkeck. That's my personal Twitter account and I don't think it'll be necessary to create a new one specifically for this blog unless it REALLY takes off. And again, I'm not counting on that. But yeah. @andrewkeck on Twitter. I'll use the #KeckThoughts hashtag when applicable. That's all. And as my wife and I like to sign off on our other blog, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment